These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are for those who will be accessing and using (“User”, “Customer”, “You”, “Your”) the Alfred’s website and mobile application (“Platform”). By accessing and using the Platform, you are agreeing to be bound by the following Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE PLATFORM AND AVAIL OF THE SERVICES THEREIN.
Due to some products that may be offered through Alfred's services, users of the Platform should be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Those who do not reach this age requirement (“Minor”) should have the consent of his/her parents or legal guardian, who by accepting these Terms, shall agree to take responsibility to the Minor’s actions, the Minor’s purchases and Minor’s use of the Platform.
These Terms will be revisited regularly, and changes may be applied as deemed necessary. It is the User's responsibility to check for any changes in the Terms. Alfred will post a notice on the Platform regarding any changes in the Terms. Continued use of the Platform after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Who is Alfred
Alfred is a digital platform that connects stores or private businesses (“Merchants”) to their customers (“Customers”). By providing a mobile way of purchasing goods on behalf of the Customers, and for businesses to have another avenue for selling, the Platform acts as a digital bridge between two sides as being the personal shopper of the Customer.
Alfred’s Personal Butler Service
By accessing and using the Platform, the registered Customers can choose which featured store/s (Merchants) they would like to purchase from. A “shopping list” per store will be provided by the Customer. Thereafter, Platform's personnel will then send the bill to the Customer so that the latter may pay; a proof of payment will be asked before proceeding to the actual purchase and delivery of goods (“Orders”).
Alfred’s Parcel delivery service
Alfred also offers courier (“Courier”) service wherein a parcel (“Parcel”) will be picked up from a location specified by the Customer, and will be brought and delivered to the recipient’s (“Recipient”) address, as specified by the Customer.
Limitation of Liability
- The Platform will only be featuring Merchants that it has partnered with. Customers will only be able to make purchases from these partner Merchants. Alfred will continuously add or remove partner Merchants without notifying its Customers.
- Since the Orders are going to be made at the Merchant's store/outlet, the availability of the goods will not be within Alfred's control. Alfred will notify the Customer and propose an alternative, to which the Customer can either accept, cancel or replace.
- The Parcel Delivery Service is dependent on the availability of the Riders. Advance booking of at least twenty-four (24) hours is recommended to the Customers.
- The Personal Butler Service is limited to the availability of the Shoppers. Same-day delivery will not be allowed and a minimum period of twenty-four (24) hours is required for Orders.
- Alfred is not responsible and will not represent the products and services provided by its partner Merchants. Alfred does not guarantee and is not responsible to the quality, quantity and condition of the partner Merchant’s items and goods listed in the Platform, nor the accuracy of the claims and representations made by the partner Merchants. Alfred does not and will not assume any liability which may arise from the actions, omissions, claims and representations of the partner Merchants with respect to their items and goods listed in the Platform.
- Alfred is not responsible to the business of its partner Merchants, nor does it monitor, supervise or
- Alfred will not be responsible to Customer's actions on or related to the site. It does not monitor, control and evaluate its Customers under the assumption that Customers are responsible for their own actions. Alfred will not be responsible to the effects and consequences, nor omissions of its customers who have
- Subject to applicable law, including with respect to liability for personal injury or non-waivable statutory rights under Philippine laws , in no event will Alfred, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents, be liable to the User with respect to the use of the Platform, the content or the materials contained in or accessed through the sites (including without limitation, any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by a User on any information obtained from the Platform) or any damages resulting from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God, communications failures, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to Alfred’s records, programs or services; and (b) be liable to the User for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, loss of profits, loss, theft or corruption of User’s information, or the inability to use the Platform or any of their features. The User’s sole remedy is to cease the use of the Platform.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Our Shopping and Courier Services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
We do not guarantee that: (i) the Shopping and Courier Services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) Any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) the Platform will be free from viruses or other harmful materials. You use the Platform solely at your own risk.
Usage of the platform
- To use the Platform, the Customer will need to register an account (“Account”). The Customer’s name, email address, contact number, general location and specific address will be asked, which must be provided by the Customer in order to complete the registration of his/her Account. The Customer’s Account will be protected by a log-in process. The Customer is responsible for keeping his/her Account safe and secure. Except in cases like fraud, all activities and orders made from the Customer's Account will be his/her own responsibility.
- Customers must provide Alfred full, complete and accurate information necessary for Alfred to accomplish the Orders and deliver the Shopping and/or Courier Service. Alfred shall not be liable for any complications such as delays, cancellations of Orders, and failure of delivery, arising out of, or in connection with, the false or incomplete information provided by the Customer.
- The Customer shall keep his/her Account safe and secure from access and use by third persons, in which case, the Customer and shall be solely responsible. The Platform assumes that only the registered Customer is using his/her Account.
- Alfred reserves the right to discontinue and terminate an Account in case of breach of this Terms, unlawful acts and/or misconduct on the part of the Customer, abuse of the Platform and such other acts or omission deemed inappropriate as determined by Alfred.
The following, but not limited to, are prohibited acts (“Prohibited Acts”) on the Platform:
- Acts directly or indirectly violates any laws, ordinance, regulations;
- Acts that are violative of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, and such other rights of Alfred and third persons, whether natural or juridical;
- Posting unlawful, libelous, scandalous, false and misleading, or otherwise inappropriate content in the Platform;
- Acts amounting to cybercrimes as defined under Republic Act No. 10175 otherwise known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, and/or acts deemed offenses under the Electronic Commerce Act (Republic Act No. 8792) and/or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173)
- Encouraging other people to commit the abovementioned actions.
Alfred reserves the right to take appropriate actions against those who commit the foregoing Prohibited Acts such as terminating the Account of the Customer who committed the Prohibited Act(s) and/or removing the prohibited content, without prejudice to any legal remedy, civil or criminal, which Alfred may avail against the perpetrator(s) of the Prohibited Acts.
Alfred reserves the right to charge fees for its Services either from its Merchant partners or from the Customers. These fees are necessary for the upkeep of the Service and Platform. The fees are subject to change at any time.
Personal Butler Service
Personal Butler Fee: One Hundred Pesos (PhP100.00) per store.
Delivery Fee: One Hundred Pesos (PhP100.00) for the first store, additional Fifty Pesos (PhP50.00) per succeeding stores.
Parcel Delivery Service
Parcel Delivery Fee: One Hundred Pesos (PhP100.00) within the first ten (10) kilometers, and additional Fifty Pesos (PhP50.00) for the succeeding ten (10) kilometer
- Merchants will not be subjected to fees per every order, nor any percentage cut from the sales;
- Bank and Government charges will be added under sales and will be covered by either Merchant or
- Alfred may introduce a joining or membership fee for either or both Merchant and Customer;
- Alfred may introduce a CRM program for the Customers to enjoy. This will be open to partner Merchants and it will be up to them to join or not. Joining the program may incur fees.
- Alfred does not allow guest check outs. One must be a member of Alfred to be able to avail of its services and promos. By registering, personal information of the Customer must be given such as the Full Name, Delivery address, Contact Number and Email address.
- Upon availing of the Personal Butler Service of Alfred, information about the items to be ordered as well as the Merchant that sells them must be provided by the Customer.
- Upon availing of the Parcel Delivery Service of Alfred, information about the pick-up and drop-off address, as well as some information about the parcel must be provided by the Customer;
- This is also subject to the Terms and Conditions as stated in this document.
- Alfred's Personal Butler Service (Alfred’s Personal Butler Service)
Upon registering, Customers can already place their Order. By choosing “Personal Butler Service", the Customer authorizes Alfred to shop on his/her behalf. The Customer will be directed to a page where the location should be confirmed, then choose the store/s where Alfred will shop from. The product catalogue of the chosen store/s will open and the Customer should add the items to be purchased from the store. The Customer will be constantly informed of the steps needed to complete the Order - from confirmation of the items, sending of the payment slip, and delivery.
No Minimum Order is required from the Customer. However, the service fees, as stated under "Alfred's Fees", will remain the same regardless of the quantity of Orders.
The Customer will be asked to give Alfred special instructions upon checking out. Alfred shall comply with the special instructions only insofar that it is feasible.
Should there be unavailable items, Alfred will give a recommendation for an alternative. The Customer will only need to confirm or replace the item.
Upon confirmation of the final order, the Customer will be asked to transfer the payment (total amount from store + service fees) to a bank account, and a copy of the transfer confirmation uploaded on the Alfred website (the link will be given via email, and will be shown on the tracker page on the website).
Alfred will only purchase the items upon confirmation of the payment being received. Payments that are not made within the specified time window will be deemed as CANCELLED.
Order that are not confirmed within the time window specified will be deemed as CANCELLED.
Payment: Bank transfer will be the only payment method available during this time.
- Parcel Delivery Service
Upon registering, Customers will already be able to avail of the Parcel Delivery Service.
Same day Parcel Delivery Service will depend on the availability of Alfred. You are advised to book your service at least twenty four (24) hours before pick up.
The Customer will be asked to specify the pick-up and delivery address.
Details on the parcel may also be asked by Alfred.
Payment: You may choose between bank transfer and cash on delivery to pay for the parcel delivery service. For Cash on Delivery, you may also tag from your booking whom we can collect the payment from between the Sender and the Recipient.
Butler and Courier Service
- The Butler and Courier services will only be available within Metro Manila. The fees will vary depending on the distance of the Customer from the stores or the delivery/pick up locations.
- All stores are available in the Butler service, the fees will only vary depending on the location of the Customer and his/her proximity form the store/s where Alfred will be shopping from.
- The Delivery Time will vary depending on the number of stores Alfred will shop from. The booked time on the Platform will indicate the start of Alfred's service. The Customer will be notified when Alfred is on the way to the delivery location, as specified by the Customer.
- The Courier Service will also start on the time indicated on the Platform.
- The following are, but not limited to, the possible causes for Failed Order/Delivery:
- Non-confirmation of the items with the corresponding price within the time window for confirmation;
- Failure to transfer the funds for the payment of the Orders within the time window for funds transfer;
- Inaccurate, incomplete or wrong address/es given by Customer;
- No-show at the delivery location;
- Such other instances not included in the foregoing. In which case, Alfred’s management will conduct the appropriate investigation as to the cause of the failure of order/delivery.
- In case of missing Orders, please immediately contact the Customer Support to report the same. Contact Us details are on the Platform.
Portal Promotions, Special Packages
- Alfred will conduct promotional campaigns for its registered Customers. Each promotion will have its own mechanics and duration period.
- Vouchers will also have its own mechanics and expiration dates. Vouchers that are used after the expiration date will not be honored.
- Unless otherwise stated in the mechanics, the promotions and vouchers will only be valid for use within the Platform.
- Promotions and/or vouchers will clearly state if it is applicable only to specific Merchants, or applicable to all the partner Merchants.
- Alfred reserves the right to reject or revoke a voucher as it sees fit. Individual restaurants terms & conditions apply
Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights
The trademarks, names, logos and service marks of Alfred displayed in the Platform, whether registered or unregistered, are owned by Alfred, or such third-party that may own the displayed marks. Nothing contained on the Platform is to be construed as a grant of any license or right to use any trademark and other intellectual property rights of Alfred without the written authority of Alfred.
All materials, content, design, marks and logos from our partner Merchants displayed or will be displayed on the Platform or on any Social Media accounts of Alfred are with the permission of the partner Merchants for Alfred's usage.
When you access the Platform, you hereby agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for infringement of third-party rights.
Using Alfred's trademark without permission is strictly prohibited and shall be dealt with the provisions of law.
The Merchants are responsible for the quality of their products, goods and items displayed for sale on the Platform, as well as the products that they'll be handing over to the Customers. Alfred's Butlers should receive the products in good condition, otherwise Alfred will return the goods to be exchanged with or without the Customer's request.
Alfred does not make any warranty as to the quality, safety and legality of the products or items listed and sold on the Platform. Any legal claim in relation to an item bought through the Platform must be brought against the Merchant concerned. You release Alfred from any claims related to items sold through the Platform such as defective or expired items, misrepresentations by the Merchant, or items that caused physical injury.
By using the Platform, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Alfred, its personnel, management, directors, agents and affiliates from third party claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses arising from your use of the Platform or by breaching these Terms.
Other Links and Websites
There may be links to other websites from the Platform which Alfred is not responsible for. By clicking these links, you accept the change in terms and conditions as set by those websites. You will also be risking yourself to the content of these sites. Alfred accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you in relation to your access and use of these third-party links and websites.
Alfred reserves the right to update, edit, delete or add any of the provisions in this Terms without notifying its members or non-members. Updates on the Platform's contents, offers and Merchants may also be updated, edited, added or deleted without prior notice.
Philippine Law governs the interpretation of this Terms and applies to claims for breach of it. All other claims, including claims regarding breach of contract, breach of warranty, consumer protection laws, will be subject to Philippine laws. The venue for any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity, or termination, must be in the courts of the City of Makati, to the exclusion of all other courts.